2020-2021 School Year Opening
COMPETITIVE SALARY, MERIT BASED PAY and QUALITY PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OFFERED
Hope Community Charter School is a small literacy based neighborhood school serving students through out the City of Camden in grades kindergarten through grade six.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The purpose of this position is to assist the school leader in organizing and fostering a positive, safe environment that is conducive to best meeting the needs of all students, staff and parents. This includes such responsibilities as: leading, directing, counseling, and supervising a variety of personnel and programs; creating effective parent, teacher, child communications; supporting, encouraging, mentoring, and evaluating staff; fostering teamwork between teachers and among staff and parents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervision of Faculty/Staff - Assist in: hiring/orientation; evaluating; working through concerns and classroom management; staff development; communication: listening, feedback, and encouragement for all staff.
- Supervision of Students - Lead positive discipline practices; due process; student recognition; assist with securing student services with outside agencies and monitoring student counseling services; oversee/manage recess, lunch and dismissal; and monitor the main office after 4:00 as needed.
- Curriculum/Instruction - Assist in developing and maintaining an effective educational program consistent with State and Federal guidelines and the philosophy, policies and goals of the School Board.
- Parents/Guardians - Listen and respond to parent concerns with sensitivity; conduct parent and student meeting.
- Safety- Assist in: creating and implementing safety and crisis response plans; maintaining facility and equipment, conducting and tracking monthly safety drills.
- Assist the principal in monitoring compliance with federal, state, and local mandates and guidelines related to local and state testing programs, special education programs and English Language Learner programs. Serve as the district test coordinator.
- Oversee, coordinate, monitor the technology aspects of online educational programs.
- Lead the attendance committee and serve as the truancy officer.
- Serve as the school’s I&RS team leader.
- Oversee and monitor after school programs.
- Maintain records and files; prepare reports.
CERTIFICATION & EXPEREINCE
- Valid New Jersey Standard Principal Certificate or Certificate of Eligibility
- Urban Education Experience
10 MONTH POSITION WITH 12 DAYS DURING THE SUMMER INCLUDED IN SALARY
SALARY RANGE $72,000 - $76,500 ANNUALLY
You may use the APPLY button.