ANTICIPATED VACANCY FOR 2019/2020
SECONDARY ENGLISH TEACHER
FLORENCE MEMORIAL HIGH SCHOOL
Start Date: September 1, 2019
Qualifications: Teacher of English Certification, knowledge and experience with formal and informal assessments to meet the diverse needs of all students aligned with NJ Student Learning Standards.
Requirements: Criminal history background check and proof of NJ Residency.
Under the general supervision of the administration, to develop students' skills in listening, speaking, reading and writing, foster communication skills, develop an understanding and appreciation of literature of all types, motivate students to read a wide variety of publications to derive information, comprehend and critically assess the reading materials, and to promote the development of skills in the field of English reading, grammar and syntax.
- Develops and administers English education curriculum consistent with school district goals and objectives.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and translates lesson plans into learning experiences to develop pertinent sequential assignments, challenge students, and best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Teaches knowledge and skills in English grammar and syntax, sentence and paragraph structure, composition, vocabulary and proper word usage, word denotations and connotations, creative writing, independent thinking, communication and speaking.
- Develops standards for critical analysis through group discussions on a variety of reading materials, including the mass media, and a wide range of literature.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning and progress, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs.
- Maintains familiarity with district and State standardized assessments for the purpose of adapting curriculum to maximize student achievement on such tests.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, instructional aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records.
- Strong knowledge of technology and ability to integrate to meet the diverse needs of students.
Expressions of interest and resumes should be submitted to:
Donna Ambrosius, Superintendent of Schools
email - firstname.lastname@example.org