Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
REPORTS TO: Principal
Promotes the effective implementation of a quality, standards-based Language Arts curriculum and interventions by providing coaching and non-evaluative instructional feedback to teachers meant for purposes of professional development.Accesses classrooms, as agreed upon by the classroom teacher, during regularly scheduled Language Arts lessons to gather data on instructional best practice trends.Promotes effective implementation of School Improvement Plan strategies related to accelerating student learning in Language Arts.Works closely with teachers to implement high-quality practices to improve Language Arts instruction.Works collaboratively with NJDOE regional staff, school leaders and staff to collect, analyze and use data to continuously improve the instructional program to better prepare students for college and career. Provides professional development on best instructional practices, common core state standards and intervention techniques and strategies.Designs individual and team coaching sessions, lesson study structures, format and process for assigned teachers using modeling strategies, inquiry and reflection, and training techniques.Uses the Trenton Public Schools Instructional Coaching Model as a guide.Schedules support sessions inclusive of demonstration lessons, mentoring and coaching to classroom and instructional support teaching staff, a minimum of 5 sessions weekly is required.Maintains a coaching portfolio, inclusive of a daily journal, support logs, and principal sign off sheets.Attends and gives updates at grade level/department meetings based on number of meetings held within assigned school each week. Assist teachers with differentiation of lesson plans, with tiered groups outlines, and/or differentiation of teacher made assessments upon request.Performs such tasks, that are not supervisory in nature, as assumes responsibility as directed by the immediate supervisor.Provides direct instruction to groups of students for up to ninety (90) minutes daily.
For Secondary Grade Leaders - NJ Teacher of English certification, required.
- For Elementary Grade Leaders – Standard NJ Elementary Teaching certificate, preferred, and must be highly qualified in language arts.
- Minimum of five (5) years classroom teaching experience. Evidence of accelerating student learning through the implementation of the district’s Language Arts curriculum, instruction and assessment.
- Graduation from an accredited 4 year college or university, required. Masters degree in education preferred.
- Proven experience for grade span being assigned (i.e. K-5, 6-8, 9-12).
- Knowledge of best instructional research practices to effectively train, model, coach, and make recommendations for improving student achievement.
- Preferred experience leading teachers to focus on improving student learning results through training, modeling and coaching.
- Proven high degree of organizational and problem solving skills; ability to analyze data.
- Knowledge of Common Core Content Standards for Language Arts.
- Ability to provide assistance to instruction via the internet and technology teaching tools.
- Demonstrated competence to use various forms of data on a school and teacher based level to inform, adjust and provide literacy instruction.
- Understanding of curriculum in order to work with teachers and leaders to develop strong instructional practices.
- Ability and willingness to coach and support teachers to ensure effective instruction is provided to all students.
- Ability to provide effective professional development that is aligned with district initiatives.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Ten (10) Months
BARGAINING UNIT: TEA
SALARY: In accordance with the TEA contract.
STATUS: Hourly___ Salaries_X__
EVALUATION: Performance of the position will be in accordance with the Board’s policies and procedures on evaluation.