Summer Camp Nurse
(Camp Kookooskoos 2022)
Program Dates: 6 week summer position (June 27th - August 5th) & flexible prep work of camper paperwork (May thru June)
- Must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
- A current registered professional nurse license issued by the New Jersey State Board of Nursing.
- Early childhood or elementary school experience preferred.
- Previous camp nurse experience a plus.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills with children and adults essential.
- Provide first aid care for campers and staff.
- Administer medication to campers.
- Organize camper medical forms/paperwork and maintain file organization.
- Keep list of camper allergies and maintain general health records.
- Prepare first aid kits for groups and for all off-site trips.
- Keep log of all camper visits to nurse with proper detail.
- Attend field trips with campers (3-4 trips).
- Facilitate EPI pen and other safety trainings for all staff members.
- Assist in development of COVID safety protocols. Ensure all protocols are followed throughout the 6-week program.
- Review and maintain COVID paperwork as it pertains to both campers and staff.
NJ First Act effective 9/1/2011
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer