Anticipated April Opening (LOA)
5th GRADE MATH TEACHER
The Community Charter School of Paterson, located in the Great Falls Historic District in Paterson, New Jersey, serves 900+ children grades K-8. Our mission is to inspire and empower our students, families, and staff with the opportunities to successfully shape and transform lives by becoming successful, lifelong learners who possess the critical-thinking, academic, advocacy and leadership skills required to continuously open new doors in their lives and the lives of others. All staff are expected to be committed to the mission of CCSP, have a positive and professional attitude, exhibit a strong work ethic (including a willingness to work long hours) and possess an inner drive for personal and professional excellence.
We are seeking experienced Middle School Teachers who are committed to developing students into scholars and future leaders through the implementation of innovative and effective instructional strategies. The ideal candidates will be intelligent, driven individuals with exceptional integrity and a passion for education and a commitment to the Paterson community. They will thrive as part of a highly motivated, committed professional team and possess:
- Valid New Jersey Teaching Certificate (K-6, Elementary School with Subject Matter Specializations for grades 5-8 or Content Certifications, such as Teacher of Math, Teacher of Social Studies, etc.)
- Special education certification, a plus
- Proven ability to provide differentiated instruction
- Successful elementary or middle school teaching experience
- At least years of experience teaching in grades K-8 in an urban setting, preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of early childhood development and the ability to translate that knowledge into action in a classroom setting
- Knowledge of and comfort with instructional technology (including smart boards)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly with young children and parents
- Ability to multitask in the educational environment, having the qualities of resilience, perseverance and problem-solving
- Ability to articulate a clear vision and goals for high student achievement as well as to conduct data analysis as a basis for continued student improvement
- Ability to prevent, intervene, resolve and eliminate student management challenges
- Demonstrated community service and/or civic involvement
- Demonstrated understanding of the non-academic barriers to education and a willingness to engage in strategies to address these barriers for students and families
You may use the APPLY button.
The Community Charter School of Paterson is an equal opportunity employer.