SPECIAL EDUCATION (ELA / Social Studies) TEACHER
Co-teach small English classes and provide in-class support for classified students in grades 9-12 in inclusion classes for English and social studies, primarily, and others, as assigned. Ideal candidates able to demonstrate strong ELA and/or social studies knowledge, motivate students to persevere in improving their reading, writing, researching, speaking, and listening skills, and support students' social-emotional well-being and development. Collaborate with content area teachers to differentiate and modify instructional approaches and materials, including lesson plans, assignments, quizzes, etc., according to students' IEPs, in remote, blended, and/or in-person settings. Inclusion classes have no more than 20 students total.
Position begins 9/5/23 for 2023-2024 school year. Candidates must hold at least a NJ Certificate of Eligibility for Teacher of Students with Disabilities; dual certification in English or Social Studies preferred. Please send screenshot of certification status from NJDOE website. Out-of-state candidates must have already initiated the reciprocity process with the NJDOE and submit screenshot of status from NJDOE website to be considered. Candidates must live in New Jersey or be planning to relocate.
Benefits: NJ Teacher Pension Annuity Fund, Vision, Dental, Prescription, & Health Benefits, as well as AFT membership. Limited tuition remission available for masters-level graduate courses at New Jersey City University.
Our goals at UACHS are to provide:
- A challenging learning environment where students can achieve academic excellence;
- A safe, nurturing environment that encourages students to develop and interact;
- An environment where students develop confidence to take risks, set goals, and become leaders;
- A commitment to the professional development of teachers, staff, faculty and administrators;
- A standard where students act responsibly and have respect for themselves, their school, and their community.