QUALIFICATIONS: District Maintenance will perform all other assignments given by Building and Ground supervisor or District Administrator. An applicant for the District Maintenance position should have ability, aside from the categories listed, be informed as to the sources of services and supplies that are needed, must be computer literate and have a working knowledge of desktop and mobile computer hardware, and must acquaint himself with the overall layout of the buildings in the school district and their machinery.
REPORTS TO: Building and Grounds Supervisor
DESCRIPTION OF WORK UNDER EACH CATEGORY:
- Replacement of ballast in florescent light fixture.
- Repair and replace incandescent fixtures.
- Work with conduit and cabled wire, replace and install.
- Read schematic diagrams and blueprints for control replacements.
- Have knowledge as to the use of volt, amperes and resistance meters.
- Install and replace pipes, steel, lead and copper, from 1/8” to 2” sizes, also plastic pipe where advantageous.
- Knowledge of heating systems and associated valves, traps heat exchangers, circulating pumps and heat flow automatic controls is essential.
- Repair and/or install plumbing fixtures such as lavatories, drinking fountains, toilets, and associated fittings and trim.
- Replace packing, regrind seats on taps and valves, open clogged drains.
- Replace or install pipes, steel, copper, lead and plastic, making necessary threaded, soldered, flared or packed connections as indicated.
- Install paneling and studding.
- Repair or replace woodwork, such as windowsills, doors and flooring.
- Repair or replace hardware on doors, replace chain or rope on windows and glaze.
- Applicant should have an aptitude toward oil burner service and maintenance and know the oil cycle of rotary and pressure units.
- He should be familiar with the control circuits.
- Applicant should have a black seal in charge boiler license.
- The ability to detect and repair area leaks, whether from a flashing or deck problem.
- A general knowledge of materials needed for the above.
- Knowledge of HVAC Repair and Maintenance
Performs other duties as required by the administration.
SALARY: As per the Negotiated Agreement
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually, or as needed, in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of non-certificated staff.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 12-Month