2021-2022 School Year
Competitive salary consistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement (see below)
*Starting Salary $26.23 per hour
*$2,000 Signing Bonus
1. Excellent Health Benefits Package
2. Excellent Dental Benefits Package
3. NJ State Pension Plan
Position Specific Responsibilities:
-30 hours per week (6 hours per day contract)
-CDL Class B license with passenger and school endorsements
- CDL Class B license with passenger and school endorsements
- Certification by a physician that he/she is physically fit to be a school bus driver
- A valid bus driver’s license approved by the Department of Law and Public Safety, New Jersey Division of Motor Vehicles, for the size vehicle assigned
- Approval by the Office of the County Superintendent following submittal of applicant’s name, address and fingerprints
- Such additional qualifications which demonstrate the following characteristics: enjoys working with young people, tact, patience, sensitivity, cooperativeness and high moral standards.
- Experience with Air Brakes
The Bus or Van Driver is responsible to the School Business Administrator through the Transportation Coordinator.
The Bus or Van Driver, working under the direction of the Transportation Coordinator, is responsible for safely transporting the assigned students to and from school along the assigned routes.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Ten-month contract. Benefits as described in Policy 4941, Benefits – Contracted Bus and Van Drivers.
At least once each year, the Driver shall be evaluated in writing by the Transportation Coordinator. The evaluation shall be based in part on the performance of the responsibilities indicated in this position description. See Policy 4022 Evaluation of Staff.
- Is fully aware of the contents of the district’s School Bus Drivers Handbook and carries out all Transportation Department procedures and Board policies regarding transportation, including discipline, safety and non-smoking rules.
- Is fully aware of and abides by all rules and regulations of the Department of Education, Bureau of Pupil Services, Division of Field Services, most of which are contained in the handbook entitled New Jersey Driver Training Manual for School Bus Drivers and Contractors.
- Complies at all times with Motor Vehicle Traffic Regulations.
- Before starting his/her first run of the day in the assigned vehicle, performs a five minute walk-around and safety check of the vehicle and completes the daily check sheet as prescribed by the Transportation Office.
- Maintains a clean vehicle at all times, cleaning it thoroughly each day.
- Demonstrates a high level of courteous, law-abiding and proper conduct, thus setting a good example for the student passengers.
- Follows the assigned routes and makes only those stops as designated by the Board of Education, but reports to the Transportation Office any conditions which render the routes unsafe for the transporting, loading or unloading of pupils.
- In accordance with department procedures, reports any accident immediately, including those resulting in injury of any person while on the vehicle or immediately before entering or immediately after leaving the vehicle.
- Attends Safety Meetings and Defensive Driving Courses as announced by the Transportation Office.
- Participates in bus evacuation drills at least twice each year.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities incidental to the position or as assigned by the Transportation Coordinator.
Applications accepted online at www.brrsd.org