Oak Crest Day Camp is located in Somerset, NJ. We are seeking a Camp Nurse for Summer 2023 (June 26- August 18). The Camp Nurse must be licensed and currently registered, or have reciprocity in the state of New Jersey.
The Camp Nurse shall perform the following duties but shall not be limited to:
· Evaluating and treating camper and staff minor injuries and illnesses.
· Administering prescribed camper medications.
· Responding to emergency situations.
· Maintaining a log of Health Center visits.
· Maintaining a log of administered medications.
· Giving supportive health advice to counselors and other staff, if requested.
· Identifying health problems serious enough to require physician’s attention.
· Stocking First Aid supplies and controlling their outflow.
· Being able to utilize best safe practices to protect him/herself and the camper(s).
· If necessary, accompanying and/or transporting camper to off-site medical facility.
· Must be able to work well with others and relate well to groups and young people.
Being a Camp Nurse is a wonderful way to experience camp life, to work with children, and to compliment so many of your nursing skills. It’s a chance to join our camp family, meet new friends, and enjoy a special place for a few weeks of your summer.
If you have children of your own, they can attend camp FREE OF CHARGE as a benefit of your employment.
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Standard shift: Day shift
Weekly schedule: Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location