SUMMER JOBS FOR TEACHERS
If you spent your summers at camp as a child, or if you always wanted to have the opportunity to work in a camp setting where you can help children have fun, find their passions, and learn to be more confident and comfortable with who they are, we want to speak with you about our the summer opportunities on our Nature and Outdoor Adventure teams.
Deer Mountain Day Camp is looking for a science teacher or environmental enthusiast to lead its Nature/Science program at camp. The Nature/Science instructor develops curriculum for campers ranging in age from 3 to 12. Based on their background and interests our Nature/Science instructor would develop lessons around the following curriculum areas:
- Forensics, Mad Science and STEM/STEAM projects
- Camping, Orienteering and Outdoor Skills
- Ecology and stream life
- Animal Education and Care
- 2019 Camp Dates: Thursday, June 27th to Thursday, August 22nd
- Monday to Friday: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Available for all pre-season staff trainings (selected days in June 2019)
- Available one Saturday in August 2019 for a family event at camp
- Daily Lunch provided
- Transportation available for candidates from Manhattan, Brooklyn or Hoboken
Please forward a resume to email@example.com. And, please visit our website at www.deermountaindaycamp.com and fill our online staff application
You may use the APPLY button.
About Deer Mountain
As a Deer Mountain staff member, you become an integral part of our 64-year legacy to help children flourish—both socially and emotionally. We’re passionate about celebrating our campers for who they are—and giving them a solid steppingstone to the next stage of their lives. Together, let’s enrich experiences, ripen potential, and make the world a better place—one child at a time.
Deer Mountain Day is located in Pomona, NY at the base of the Ramapo Mountains. We are a town away from Woodcliff Lake, Mahwah, Montvale and Suffern and 25 minutes from the George Washington Bridge. We serve campers ranging in age from 3 to 15 who come from Rockland, Bergen, Orange and Westchester Counties and New York City.