Mathematics Instructional Supervisor
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB:
to assist the Director of Curriculum, Instruction, and Evaluation or his/her designee in the development, implementation, and coordination of the district's curriculum in specific areas; to provide the leadership and expertise needed to support teachers and administrators so that the desired student learning outcomes may be achieved
The Supervisor of Instruction shall…
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS:
- have a master’s degree from an accredited college or university;
- hold a supervisor certificate;
- have at least five years of successful experience as a classroom teacher, preferably in secondary mathematics education;
- have completed graduate work in education in the areas of staff and curriculum development and/or instructional practice;
- possess strong interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills and demonstrate integrity;
- have experience in staff development, training, and curriculum development and review;
- have thorough knowledge of AchieveNJ and its direct relationship to the evaluation of teacher performance; and
- fulfill such alternatives or additional qualifications as the Board may find appropriate, acceptable, and in compliance with New Jersey Law.
- Teaching, coaching, or supervisory experience with the Mathematics content area.
The Supervisor of Instruction shall be employed under the following terms:
- ten months with stipend for summer work, as needed;
- may teach up to two classroom periods daily, according to contract;
- conditions established by laws and codes of the State, and policies, rules, and regulations established by the Board of Education.
- NJ State Certification as an Administrator as required for position.
- Motor Vehicle operator's license or ability to provide own transportation.
- Bachelor's Degree and Master's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Extensive successful experience in researching and implementing practices related to instruction, curriculum development, professional development and supervision.
- Successful leadership/administrative experience in designing and implementing effective instructional programs and supervising, mentoring and training staff/personnel, preferable in more than one capacity.