Union County Educational Services
Westfield, New Jersey
(Full-Time, Leave Replacement September - January)
Union County Educational Services Commission is a public agency in Westfield, NJ that was established to provide cost-effective educational programs and services for the twenty-one public school districts located in Union County. The Commission is currently seeking a full-time Paraprofessional at Crossroads School, a public preschool, elementary and middle school program serving students from ages 3 to 14 who are diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Full-Time, Leave Replacement Position (September - January)
- Hours: 8:20 – 2:40 p.m.
- Competitive Public School Salary
- Opportunities for summer employment
- Assist teachers in the implementation of instruction across all domains including but not limited to academics, vocational readiness, recreational programs, and therapeutic sessions.
- Assist students with Activities of Daily Living including feeding, toileting, diaper changing, personal care, and dressing.
- Assist teachers in the implemention of behavior modification strategies and interventions which may involve the provision of physical prompting and redirection to students.
- Assist students during community-based instruction trips off school grounds.
- High School diploma required. Earned 60+ college credits from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Experience working with students with disabilities, preferably in an educational setting
- NJ Department of Education Substitute Teacher certification preferred
Please complete the online application in its entirety to be eligible for an interview.
Thank you for your interest!