Title: Supervisor of Custodians
- Black Seal Boiler License
- Must possess High School Diploma
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in building maintenance and/or related field
- Good communication skills
- Must demonstrate good judgment in personnel interaction with others.
- Working knowledge of computers
- Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
Report to: Coordinator of Custodians
AUTHORITY AND RELATIONSHIP:
The supervisor of Custodians will be directly responsible to the Coordinator of Custodians and will work in cooperation with the Director of Plant, Property & Equipment in carrying out the responsibilities of the Division of Plant, Property & Equipment.
- Assist the Coordinator of Custodians with assignment or deployment of custodians.
- Assist the Coordinator of Custodians with the assignment of temporary substitutes in cases of absences of an appointed custodian.
- Assist the Coordinator of Custodians with schedules and maintenance of the custodial staff.
- Be available for 24-hour call for any emergency that may occur including but not limited to heating malfunctions, fire alarms, (which require manual resetting), break-ins, etc.
- Support the Coordinator of Custodians with the operation and maintenance of burglar and fire alarm systems.
- Assist the coordinator of Custodians with activities in Williams Field including the condition of grounds and equipment.
- Prepare timecards and job tickets to be approved by the
- Fol1ow-up with Purchasing Department regarding material needed for the custodial staff.
- Maintain good public relations with school, labor and industrial personnel.
- Attend meetings and conferences pertaining to custodial and sports
- Responsible for the maintenance and proper operation of all boilers.
- Must have Black Seal License.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Coordinator of Custodians
Terms of Employment:
Twelve (12) months; non-tenurable
Evaluated by the Director of Plant Property and Equipment
Compensation and benefits as established by the collective negotiations’ agreement.
Elizabeth, New Jersey