Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
The North Plainfield School District, a public K-12 district in Somerset County, is seeking a dynamic and collaborative Teacher of Computer Science to join the Middle and High School Technology team, who teach a variety of course selections, including Computer Science, Robotics, Engineering, and Web Design. The position is full-time and tenure-track, and is based out of the unified Middle/High School Complex.
The ideal candidate:
- has experience teaching Middle and/or High School Computer Science or a related field, and has an understanding of pedagogical best practices, with an ongoing desire for professional development and growth.
- has a strong working knowledge of the NJ Student Learning Standards
- selects instructional strategies that actively engage students in inquiry-driven learning
- continuously monitors the social and emotional needs of students and implements relevant strategies into daily lessons
- will be an enthusiastic and collaborative member of school, grade-level, and content area Professional Learning Communities
Appropriate NJ State Certification required. Teacher of Technology Education and/or CTE Computer Science Technology certifications are a plus.
Bilingual candidates preferred.
The North Plainfield School District welcomes your interest and looks forward to reviewing your application!