Middle School Math Teacher
Christina Seix Academy is seeking an experienced and innovative Math Teacher to join us as a member of the Middle School Team (5th-8th Grade). The Math Teacher would work closely with the Director of Academic Programs and the instructional team. Responsibilities would include teaching Math and playing an instrumental role in developing and implementing an engaging and rigorous Math program for the Middle School.
- MA in Education Preferred
- 3-5 Successful years teaching Math preferred
- Experience with coaching and or leading co-curricular programming preferred
- A creative, engaging, and innovative educator that has a strong passion for the content and a deep interest in supporting learners;
- Interested in working with and helping students from urban environments succeed in a rigorous academic setting;
- Flexible and Forward-thinking;
- Interested in designing and leading in co-curricular and extended day programming;
- Having an entrepreneurial spirit and excited about designing curriculum and creating new programming;
- A constant learner who reflects on his/her own work, regularly seeking feedback and knowledge to improve their teaching practice;
- Set and hold students to extremely high academic and behavioral standards.
- Build rapport with students and families outside of classroom;
- Willingness to work closely with the Director of Academic Programs, Staff and Faculty to create programming and experiences to enhance student learning and engage the larger CSA community;
Primary Academic Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Director of Academic Programs to design and implement curriculum at a high level;
- Research and create lessons to complement/ supplement the curriculum and student needs utilizing the school’s 70 acre campus;
- Select appropriate books, media and instructional resources that will enhance student learning experiences;
- Track and assess student academic progress and attendance;
- Provide students with regular feedback on their growth and progress throughout the year;
- Generate formal and informal reports regarding student performance and progress;
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Academic Programs, Residential Life team and other colleagues to create and implement meaningful experiences and programming in the Residential Life buildings.
- Planning, organizing, and participating in whole school events;
- Communicate with parents and caregivers on individual students’ progress throughout the year.
- Act in an Advisory capacity to a small group of students; acting as a mentor and an anchor for students and families in the Advisory Group;
- As an Advisor, establishing touch points outside of academic responsibilities to meet with Advisees and provide guidance, feedback and act as a resource to students as well as families.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In an effort to ensure the safety of our workforce and students, absent a confirmed Americans with Disabilities Act or religious-based accommodation, ALL Christina Seix Academy employees are required to be vaccinated, including a booster, as a condition of employment. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Physical and Emotional Demands: Work is active; it may require long periods of standing and walking, as well as occasional sitting, reaching at or above shoulder height, twisting, pushing/pulling, and stooping/bending/lifting to perform activities with students and staff; must be able to work in an open-concept environment where noise and other activities may at times interfere with concentration. Must be able to alter plans/routines when unexpected, stressful situations and multiple interruptions occur without projecting stress/frustration that would adversely affect the work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Christina Seix Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, or veteran or handicapped status in its hiring policies.