Anticipated Vacancy - (World Language) SPANISH TEACHER
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Valid New Jersey World Language Teacher Standard Certificate or Certificate of Eligibility as a Teacher of Spanish
- Required criminal history background check, physical and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status. (CURRENT EMPLOYEES EXEMPT)
1. To develop and submit effective educational plans aimed at completing specific objectives.
2. To demonstrate interest and enthusiasm in subject matter.
3. To utilize adequate resources including a variety of media and a variety of experiences for each of the courses or subjects being taught.
4. To maintain official records of attendance and academic progress for every student on a continuing basis.
5. To conduct effective evaluations of student progress on a routine basis by utilizing both objective and subjective criteria to accurately report pupil progress.
6. To maintain an ongoing and up-to-date knowledge of recent trends in education and innovative methods of proven merit that can be incorporated into the curriculum.
7. To carry out efficiently all associative duties assigned to the classroom teacher including homeroom, hall duty, lunchroom duty, lab assignments, and other reasonable tasks of this nature, if applicable.
8. To uphold and enforce the rules and regulations of the school and the district.
9. To be responsible for the general condition of those physical areas under the direct jurisdiction of the teacher, and to report to the immediate supervisor those problems or concerns which cannot be remedied by the teacher.
10. To account for materials and supplies, which are provided for teacher use.
11. To be aware of the individual needs of each student by communicating effectively with the home, the student and where applicable, consult with guidance counselor at regular intervals.
12. To provide opportunities for special help and assistance to those students requiring such help to complete their work satisfactorily.
13. To provide for varying instructional strategies within the classroom including teacher presentations, small and large group instruction, and independent study.
14. To maintain a classroom atmosphere conducive to learning which includes orderly and productive activities as a result of planning and organization.
Salary: W.E.A. Contract Salary Guide