The Mission of Our Lady of Czestochowa (The OLC School) is to create a learning environment that encourages each child to grow as a spiritual, moral and intellectual individual, who will be able to embrace a global multicultural society of the 21st century.
As a Catholic school in a diverse community, we strive to develop virtues and values that foster the expression of a child’s potential. We encourage life-long learning and creative problem solving by providing a stimulating academic curriculum, while also allowing consideration for individual interests, abilities and needs.
The OLC School is located in the heart of downtown Jersey City and our children range from 2 years old through 8th grade. Conveniently located near the Hudson/Bergen Light Rail, PATH, NY Ferry Lines, and several bus lines, OLC is a great place to work and share your faith.
The successful candidate must be passionate about education and a certified elementary or middle school teacher (or in the process of obtaining certification).
Teacher Responsibilities include:
- Planning lessons and activities that facilitate students' knowledge of the grade-level curriculum.
- Instructing in a manner that develops students' confidence in their abilities.
- Observing and managing classroom dynamics.
- Supervising and grading projects, quizzes, and examinations.
- Tracking and communicating students' advancement throughout the course.
- Communicating progress with parents/guardians and attending parent-teacher conferences.
- Teacher Requirements and Qualifications
- Active and Practicing Catholic
- Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education
- Teaching license
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in basic computer programs
Interested candidates can send their resumes to Amanda Rasslan at firstname.lastname@example.org.