PURPOSE: This position is a highly visible one. The position of Math Coach requires a commitment to students, excellence, and a relentless drive to achieve extraordinary results. The Math Coach position was established for the purpose/s of providing support to the classroom teacher in assisting with the full implementation and monitoring of the NHCCS’s adopted math program in response to intervention needed for student achievement.
REPORTS TO: Principal or his/her designee
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Meet professional teacher education requirements of school, district, and state.
- NJ Certification(s)
- Knowledge of relevant technology.
- Relevant teaching experience.
- Hold a New Jersey instructional certificate in accordance with the requirements of N.J.S.A. 18A:27.1 and N.J.A.C. Title 6 Chapter 11 with appropriate special education endorsement (N.J.A.C. 6:11-8.3) and other endorsements for the position held (N.J.A.C. 6:11-6.1, 6.2, or 8.1 et seq.)
- Exhibits a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents, and the community.
- Provide proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
- Provide evidence that health is adequate to fulfill the job functions and responsibilities with reasonable accommodation pursuant to 42 U.S.C. 12101 and in accordance with N.J.A.C. 6:3-4A.4.
- Pass the State required Mantoux Intradermal Tuberculin Test as required by N.J.A.C. 6:3-4A.4.
- Provide evidence that a criminal record history check has been conducted and clearance has been given by the Department of Education, or, during the initial six-month period provide a sworn statement that the individual has not been convicted of a crime or a disorderly person’s offense in accordance with 18A:6-7.1.
- Ability to maintain a positive learning environment.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and maintains a classroom environment conducive to effective learning within the limits of the resources provided by the NHCCS.
- Research and provide staff support that will improve teaching and learning, including teaching strategies, assessment of math skills, interpretation, and use of assessment results, etc.
- Conduct demonstration lessons to ensure that all teachers have been trained to an advanced level of delivery and are using the instructional materials as designed.
- Assists teachers in building an interactive classroom and assures that recommendations for improvement are implemented.
- Serves as a resource in identifying appropriate strategies and interventions to improve student achievement for all students.
- Research, prepare materials, and identify resources for use by the school, teams, and teachers including teaching strategies, assessment of math skill, and interpretation and use of assessment results., etc.
- Research and provide information and guidance regarding a range of effective and innovative math practices through various activities such as; individual discussions, coaching sessions, demonstration lessons and professional development programs.
- Provides support and assistance to all classroom teachers in the full implementation of the school’s adopted math program.
- Assists teacher in preparation pacing for instruction.
- Provides on-site staff development to ensure that teachers are knowledgeable about program components and understand the instructional design of how the program meets the standards.
- Meets regularly with the principal to review benchmarks and establish data points to assess student progress towards established goals.
- Participation in collaborative grade level meetings to assist in the analysis and utilization of assessment data to improve the focus of instructional planning and student achievement.
- Attends meetings and trainings as directed.
- Coordinate and facilitate the use of instructional material in math.
- Maintain the confidentiality of the school, teachers, and classrooms.
- Maintain paperwork consistently, appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Obtain prior approval from the Principal before distributing written communication and other media.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer, hand-held learning devices and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: This is a 10-month full-time position that is annually renewable in accordance to New Horizons Community approved policies and procedures. The typical work day is from 7:40 AM to 3:40 PM.
COMPENSATION: Salary recommended by the Executive Director and established by the Board of Trustees.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with the provisions of the Board’s policy.
You may use the APPLY button.
New Horizons Community Charter School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other status protected by law.