Immediate to Possible December 30, 2018.
TITLE: K-12 SUBJECT AREA TEACHER*
ALTERNATIVE SCHOOL/DARETOWN CAMPUS
*As defined in N.J.A.C. 6A:9-9 Instructional certificates
- Valid New Jersey Instructional Certificate and Subject Area Endorsement or eligibility
- Demonstrated knowledge of subject specialty and effective teaching methods
- Ability to maintain a positive learning environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status
REPORTS TO: Principal/Designated Administrator(s) or Supervisor(s)
SUPERVISES: Pupils, and when assigned, student teachers and classroom aides
To provide an approved education program and establish a class environment that fosters learning and personal growth; to help pupils to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for continued education; and to maintain good relationships with parents and other staff members.
- Develops lesson plans and classroom learning activities
- Works to achieve state core curriculum content standards and district educational goals and objectives by promoting active learning in the classroom using board-adopted curriculum, board-adopted curricula and textbooks, and other appropriate learning activities.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Sets specific objectives wherever possible in lesson preparation and weekly lesson plans and carries through presentation to effectively achieve these objectives.
- Plans class activities and lesson presentations that are age-appropriate for the class and meet the individual needs, interests and ability levels of all pupils.
- Instruction and pupil contact
- Monitors pupil academic progress and personal growth toward stated objectives of instruction.
- Maintains records of pupil's educational progress in class record books and/or board approved forms and summarizes these marks for reporting purposes.
- Identifies pupil needs and provides instruction appropriate to those needs.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a classroom climate conducive to learning.
- Budgets class time effectively.
- Devises written and oral assignments and tests that require analytical and critical thinking as well as the reproduction of facts.
- Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities as assigned.
- Contact with parents and community
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to inform them about the school program and to discuss pupil progress.
- Makes effective use of community resources to enhance the instructional program.
- Professional contacts and activities
- Cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and resolving learning problems.
- Maintains professional competence and continuous improvement through inservice education and other professional growth activities.
- Participates in school-level planning, faculty meetings/committees and other school system groups.
- Upholds and enforces school rules, administrative regulations and board policy.
- Performs other duties within the scope of his/her employment and certification as may be assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Work year and salary to be determined by the board.
ANNUAL EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with NJ State law and the provisions of the board’s policy on evaluations.
NOTE: Pursuant to NJSA 18A:25-3. Teaching etc., on holidays not required
“No teaching staff member shall be required to perform his duties on any day declared by law to be a public holiday and no deduction shall be made from such member's salary by reason of the fact that such a public holiday happens to be a school day and any term of any contract made with any such member which is in violation of this section shall be void.”
You may use the APPLY button.
N.J.S.A. 7F Comprehensive Educational Improvement and Financing Act
N.J.S.A. 18A:6-7.1 Criminal history record; employee in regular contact with pupils; grounds for disqualification from employment; exception
N.J.S.A. 18A:6-10 Dismissal and reduction in compensation of persons under tenure in public school system
N.J.S.A. 18A:16-2 Physical examinations; requirement
N.J.S.A. 18A:25-2 Authority over pupils
N.J.S.A. 18A:25-4 School register; keeping
N.J.S.A. 18A:26-1 Citizenship of teachers, etc.
N.J.S.A. 18A:26-1.1 Residence requirement prohibited
N.J.S.A. 18A:26-2 Certificates required; exception
N.J.S.A. 18A:27 Employment and contracts
N.J.S.A. 18A:28-3 No tenure for noncitizens
N.J.S.A. 18A:28-5 Tenure of teaching staff members
N.J.S.A. 18A:28-8 Notice of intention to resign required
N.J.A.C. 18A:37 Discipline of pupils
N.J.A.C. 6A:7 Managing for equality and education in education
N.J.A.C. 6A:8 Standards and assessment
N.J.A.C. 6A:9 Professional licensure and standards
N.J.A.C. 6A:9-3.3 Professional standards for teachers
N.J.A.C. 6A:9-5 General certification policies
N.J.A.C. 6A:9-8 Requirements for instructional certificate
N.J.A.C. 6A:9-9.1 Authorizations-general
N.J.A.C. 6A:9-9.2 Endorsements and authorizations NJSBA MANUAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS D-7 K-12 SUBJECT AREA TEACHER* (continued)
Page 3 of 3 Rev. 9/10
N.J.A.C. 6A:9-15 Required professional development for teachers
N.J.A.C. 6A:16 Programs to support student development
N.J.A.C. 6A:32-4 Employment of teaching staff
N.J.A.C. 6A:32-4.4 Evaluation of tenured teaching staff members
N.J.A.C. 6A:32-4.5 Evaluation of nontenured teaching staff members
N.J.A.C. 6A:32-5.1 Standards for determining seniority
N.J.A.C. 6A:32-6 School employee physical examinations
N.J.A.C. 6A:32-7 Student records
Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, 8 U.S.C.A. 1100 et seq.
No Child Left Behind Act of 2001, P.L. 107-110, 20 U.S.C.A. 6301 et. seq.