1. Knowledge of management information systems (CSI, Genesis, NJSMART).
2. Advanced knowledge of federal and New Jersey state labor law.
3. Knowledge of Title VI and Title IX.
4. Understanding of recruitment and selection process in accordance with equal opportunity employment law.
5. Familiarity with NJ provisional teacher program and mentoring requirements.
6. Five years experience handling benefits and personnel matters.
7. Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
8. Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
REPORTS TO: Superintendent of Schools and School Business Administrator
JOB GOALS: To establish and maintain personnel programs and procedures that assure the attraction, selection, training and retention of individuals; administers the district’s personnel and employee relations policies and assists the Business Administrator in the efficient operation of systems in the School Business Office.
- Opening and processing business office mail and correspondence.
- Serves as district’s affirmative action officer.
- Maintains and updates the district’s job description manual.
- Prepares the voting blocks and completes minutes for board of education meeting agendas.
- Tracks and logs staff attendance, develops improvement plans when necessary and prepares monthly reports.
- Responsible for the district substitute service system.
- Administers, in collaboration with the Business Administrator, employee health benefit, wellness and safety programs for all employees and student insurance claims.
- Monitors workmen’s compensation claims and coordinates light-duty assignments.
- Completes employment verifications.
- Oversees the management of the budgetary and personnel systems of the district and assigns the permissions for personnel to use the system.
- Recruits applicants for both certified and non-certified positions by managing the district system for vacancies and applicant tracking system.
- Conducts orientation interviews with all new staff.
- Recruits and provides training for substitute staff.
- Assists with the maintenance of personnel records in the Superintendent’s office.
- Directs the accumulation of data used in negotiations.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Superintendent of Schools.
- The occupant of this position has on-going access to information of a confidential nature, which, if revealed, would harm the labor relations efforts of the Board of Education in the preparation and conduct of negotiations with various bargaining units and in the investigation, resolution, and arbitration of grievances.