CTC Academy, located in Oakland, NJ (Bergen County), serves the educational and therapeutic needs of student’s ages 6-21 years old with significant developmental disabilities.
We are seeking a Financial Planning and Analysis - Analyst.
The Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Analyst is responsible for the performance and analysis of all finance and accounting reporting activities. Reporting to the Business Manager/CFO, the FP&A Analyst will be involved in compilation and analysis of monthly financial and budget vs actual statements, driving special projects to evaluate savings and efficiency opportunities, and supporting presentations to the Board, finance, and audit committees.
The FP&A Analyst will partner with the Business Manager/CFO, senior leadership, and the human resources (HR) and information technology (IT) staff to enhance and better integrate finance, HR, and IT functions.
- Assist the Business Manager/CFO to prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports for the Senior Leadership, Board of Directors and DOE, including the monthly budget vs actual expenditure reports.
- Assist Business Manager/CFO in the annual budgeting and planning process; compare financial plans to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
- Support Business Manager/CFO to manage organizational cash flow forecasting.
- Assist with the protection of assets by monitoring and enforcing internal controls for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Assist with the preparation of journal entries; monthly G/L account reconciliations; and ensuring timely month-end close.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of NJ fiscal code and regulations of CTC Academy’s funding sources. Provides administrative team and business office staff with information regarding the fiscal codes and best practices.
- Assist with coordination of audit activity including preparation of internal and external financial reporting schedules for auditors. Work closely with the independent auditors to ensure compliance issues are met, and the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance with U.S. GAAP, DOE and federal, state and other required agencies
- Maintain current, accurate financial records of operations and financial position of the organization including but not limited to the management and maintenance of the General Ledger and all sub ledgers such as accounts payable & accounts receivable.
- Books and maintain depreciation and equipment schedules.
- Assist with the planning and maintenance of records of all agency fundraising activities.
- Maintain effective financial policies, procedures, and operations in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Communicate regularly with the Business Manager/CFO regarding all financial information.
- Perform any other related activities as required by the Business Manager/CFO.
- Bachelor’s in accounting, finance or related degree from an accredited college or university.
- 3 or more years of strong, hands-on experience in financial management including analysis and reporting preferred, budgeting, asset management, audit compliance, federal and state tax regulations, and reporting procedures, preferably in an educational or non-profit organization.
- Exemplary excel skills with a comfort level for creating and using pivot tables and v-lookups.
- Must be highly analytical, detail-oriented, organized; able to multitask, and able to prioritize and complete projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to problem-solve and plan with proven results.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and relate well to colleagues and others.
- Holds a passion for continuous process improvement.
- Must be able to work under pressure and be flexible and creative.
- Knowledge of MS Office and Google platforms.
-Must be a team player with a positive attitude, exemplifying commitment and alignment with the organization’s core values and Mission.
- Financial Information Analysis
- Advanced Excel expertise (pivot tables, v-lookups)
- Experience with financial reporting requirements
- Experience with Quickbooks
- Developing budgets
- Tracking budget expense