The Deron School of N.J., Inc., an approved private school for students with disabilities, ages 13-21 is seeking applicants for a Music Teacher in our Montclair campus. The applicant should possess the ability to multi-task and excel in a fast paced environment, as well as, maintain high standards for teaching and learning. Experience with ABA programming is a plus. Join us as we prepare our students to lead successful, productive lives allowing them to become contributing members of their community. Our students discover talents, cultivate strengths, conquer challenges, and fulfill dreams. Come join our team of teachers to help their dreams come true!
- Teacher General Music classes to all High School and Bridge classes
- The students are taught rhythm, melody, interpretation, solo and group singing, as well as composing original lyrics.
- Cooperating with others and learning to work together as a group in the program.
- The teacher designs the music program for each group depending upon the individual levels and abilities.
- Preparing students for school concerts and planned music experiences.
- Teaching singing to students from beginner to advanced level.
- Incorporating musical instruments and movement in lessons.
- Planning and implementing a program of instruction and lesson plans.
- Responsible for Choir (advanced and beginner) and the Winter/Spring concerts
- Provide additional instrumental sessions for students (guitar, drums, keyboards, Rock Band)
- Creativity in the adaptation of the Music curriculum
- Experience working with students with special needs
You acknowledge and understand that the Deron School reserves the right to modify your job functions, responsibilities, and duties at its sole discretion during the term of this contract.
- New Jersey Teacher of Music Certification
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Choral pedagogy
- TOSD recommended
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $63,000.00 - $79,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
We are following all CDC and State guidelines.
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- NJ Teacher of Music Certification (Required)