Great Meadows Regional School District
Job Posting for: F/T CUSTODIAN
Expected Date/s of Assignment: July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022
- The custodian shall have general knowledge of cleaning and sanitary methods, materials, tools and equipment.
- Possession of a Low Pressure Fireman’s license (Black Seal) to operate boilers preferred.
- The ability to read, write and communicate effectively.
- The ability to lift 75 pounds at least 20% of the time.
- Possess basic computer knowledge.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- The ability to successfully complete a criminal history background check and provide proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
- Current residency in New Jersey, approved residency waiver or agreement to obtain residency within one year of employment.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The custodian is responsible for the performance of manual labor in cleaning and maintaining the building interior and grounds to which he/she is assigned and in loading and unloading deliveries.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Dusts and waxes furniture, dust walls and equipment.
- Moves and twists to complete normal daily activities such as mopping, sweeping, emptying garbage cans, moving furniture, etc.
- Operates power equipment as required, such as floor machines, auto scrubbers, vacuums, snow blowers, etc.
- Vacuums and cleans rugs.
- Washes windows.
- Moves supplies, furnishings and equipment.
- Sets up or dismantles furniture, portable instructional material and supplies.
- Bends, lifts, squats, crawls, performs repetitive motions, climbs stairs and ladders, works at heights, shovels, works in the elements, stands for long periods of time, and works and is able to use a hand truck.
- Lifts 75 pounds at least 20% of the time; has the ability to lift 50 pounds 100% of the time and possesses the ability to occasionally lift up to 80 pounds.
- Stands and walks continuously about the classrooms, hallways, cafeteria, school and other school grounds for long periods of time.
- Removes debris from grounds.
- Empties debris from inside or outside the building for collection.
- Changes lights and ceiling tiles as required.
- Keeps rooms and bathrooms supplied with materials as required.
- Cleans and sanitizes bathroom fixtures and floors daily, and replenishes paper and soap supplies as needed.
- Sets up for lunch and cleans cafeteria dining areas after each use and as shift requires it.
- Supervises receipt, storage and checkout of all supplies, furnishings, and equipment except cafeteria supplies.
- Makes minor repairs of doors, locks, bookcases, furniture, etc. Attachment 6-A-2
- Shovels snow, sweeps sidewalks and steps and salts during inclement weather.
- Assists in the overall security of the school, buildings and grounds.
- Wears uniform provided by district and approved work boots or shoes.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with other district staff.
- Performs such other tasks and assume such other responsibilities as assigned by the Chief of Custodians and/or the Director of Facilities.
Compensation: Based on Experience
Submit a letter of application, certificate/s, and resume to:
Amanda Kinney, Assistant to the Business Administrator
Great Meadows Regional
PO Box 74
Great Meadows, NJ 07838
Or Email: Akinney@gmrsd.com
Deadline: May 21, 2021