The Hun School of Princeton seeks a dynamic and creative Upper School Computer Science Teacher for a position beginning in August 2023.
- Four (4) sections of Computer Science courses;
- Team teaching in our annual NextTerm minimester;
- Serving as an advisor in our advisory program;
- Continuous professional growth in the content area;
- Contributions to Hun community life beyond the classroom in roles that could include serving as an advisor, coaching a sport, directing a co-curricular activity, or living on campus as a dorm parent (if the opportunity presents itself).
- A bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred;
- Knowledge of K-12 Computer Science standards and frameworks;
- Three years of full-time teaching experience is preferred, but other relevant experience will certainly be considered;
- A love for working with young people;
- A commitment to a diverse and inclusive community;
- A passion for teaching in an innovative, experiential, and student-centered environment;
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with students, parents, faculty, and staff;
- Personal qualities including resilience, approachability, and kindness;
- Excellent technology skills and experience integrating technology into the curriculum;
- A desire to contribute to school life outside of the classroom on a lively boarding school campus.
ABOUT THE HUN SCHOOL
The Hun School of Princeton is an all gender, private day and boarding school in Princeton, New Jersey. Individual attention and strong student-faculty relationships are the hallmarks of the School. On the 50-acre campus between Philadelphia and New York City, student-centered, hands-on learning prepares students for the global community in which they will live and work. The Hun School is comprised of 645 students in its Middle School, Upper School, and Postgraduate Program. Our campus is home to students from twenty-two countries and fifteen states.
Our campus is located in historic Princeton, New Jersey, a short train ride away from both New York City (50 miles) and Philadelphia (45 miles). Home to Princeton University, The Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton Theological Seminary, and an array of cultural centers and organizations, Princeton is regarded as one of the most academically-minded communities in the world. Often named one of the country’s best places to live, Princeton is a friendly, multicultural community surrounded by mountains, parks, and lakes. There are award-winning museums and theatres, celebrated public and private schools, destination restaurants and hotels, and a robust calendar of community events to enjoy.
The Hun School of Princeton empowers each student to thrive in a diverse and ever-changing world, by nurturing resilient character, providing individual mentorship, and inspiring vigorous and joyful learning.
In our mission of educating global citizens with resilient character, we actively seek candidates who can bring a diversity of experiences and perspectives to our community. The Hun School of Princeton is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristics or activity protected by law.
The working environment is an office and school environment on a hilly 50-acre campus in Princeton, New Jersey. The abilities to occasionally lift files and storage boxes, walk up and down stairs, attend meetings in varying locations throughout campus, and continually use computers and related office equipment are required. Not all buildings on campus have elevators.
To apply: https://hunschool.isolvedhire.com/jobs/