PART-TIME SCHOOL NURSE
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT https://www.krsd.org/employment
- As set by State Certification Agency
Reports To: Building Principal
Supervises: Students as directed
Job Goal: To plan and conduct a total health program for students in accordance with state law/regulations and Board policy.
- Assess the physical well-being of the pupils in terms of developmental and present health status.
- Coordinate the health referral process and communicate health findings to appropriate persons and/or agencies.
- Provide health counseling for pupils, parents and staff.
- Maintain a comprehensive health history appraisal record system.
- Provide direct health care services to pupils and staff.
- Maintain an adequate communicable disease control program, in accord with state law and regulation.
- Participate as a member of the “Child Study Team” of the district.
- Consult with staff regarding modification or change in the educational environment necessitated by the pupils’ developmental or health status.
- Participate in the health education program by providing health instruction and in-service education.
- Initiate, facilitate and maintain liaison between the school and community health agencies.
- Disseminate information on health careers upon request.
- Provide reports and information as required by the state or the local Board of Education.
- Implement policy on exclusion and re-admission of students in connection with infectious and contagious diseases.
- Assist school personnel in establishing sanitary conditions in the school.
- Participate in in-service training programs.
- Uphold and enforce school rules, administrative regulations and Board policy.
- Maintain familiarity with current trends and practices in the field of school health and continuously improve professional competence through in-service programs, performance evaluations and the individual professional improvement plan.
- Participate as a member of the Core Team.
- Assists school physician and athletic trainers with physicals on all new students and sports candidates.
Contract year: September 1 to June 30 (10 Mos.)
Job Family Professional Staff
Pay Grade/Compensation Structure: G10
Evaluation: In accordance with Board policy