JOB TITLE: District Theater Production Technology Specialist
REPORTS TO: Supervisor of Technology in collaboration with Principals and K-12 Supervisor of Art & Music
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB: To manage the District audio visual department and all audio visual and technical needs for the District auditoriums to ensure effective administration of operational procedures and to support the technology department.
- High School Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree Preferred with an emphasis in theater design/technology/stage management/production/fine arts preferred.
- Three to five years’ experience directly related to duties and responsibilities specified.
- NJ Substitute Certification or eligible to obtain the certificate (Minimum of 60 college credits).
- Working knowledge of lighting design and controls
- Working knowledge of audio visual and sound technology systems
- Working knowledge of stage management or production management
- Working knowledge of construction and set design is helpful
- Working knowledge of stage rigging is helpful
- Working knowledge and clear understanding of professional standards of stage safety.
- Knowledge of classroom based audio systems (ex. FM systems, etc.)
- Ability to organize, prioritize, schedule workload, and meet deadlines while working with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) with students, teachers, and district personnel.
- Flexibility in schedule to accommodate multiple activities during the day and evening hours; some weekend hours are required depending on activities.
- Ability to lead student technical support effectively.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
Full-Time – Flexible Schedule, including nights and weekends. 12- Month Work Year. Salary to be determined by the Board of Education.
- Manage and maintain all technical systems. (Auditoriums, Multi-Purpose Rooms, Classrooms, Portable Sound Systems, etc.)
- Prepare for and run all technical aspects of school-based productions and rental events in the performance space(s).
- Supervise all auditorium events including set-up, presentation and strike (tear down). This would be done in conjunction with various stakeholders.
- Coordinate the technical demands of single-date events as needed by the greater school community into the overall audio visual/technology schedule. These events may take place during the school day or may require the Specialist to be available during evenings and/or weekends. This includes providing the technical support for school based programs such as College Night, Middle School Recognitions, Freshman Orientation, award ceremonies, assemblies, etc.
- Maintain safety, security, and efficiency of all auditorium technical facilities: physical plant, stage rigging, construction area, lighting, and sound equipment.
- Foster a professional, collegial relationship with all production coordinators and school personnel involved in productions, programs, and events.
- Direct and support technical requirements for Fine Arts Department performances including theater performances and concerts.
- Review set construction and deconstruction processes.
- Coordinate post-production securing of all technical equipment.
- Works with the school principal and Director of Buildings & Grounds to coordinate compliance with safety and fire code requirements.
- Serve as the Technical Liaison for all in-house and rental events.
- Support scheduled rental events occurring in the performance spaces.
- Supervise, train, coordinate and schedule student production team to be used at various events.
- Respond to assigned requests for direct assistance with instructional and administrative technology needs.
- Carries out such other professional duties as may be assigned by the Superintendent and/or his/her designee.
The Supervisor of Technology in collaboration with principals and the K-12 Supervisor of Art & Music and/or designee shall evaluate the District Theater Production Technology Specialist in accordance with Board Policy, this Job Description, and such other criteria as shall be established by the Board of Education.
Interested individuals should apply on-line @ www.spfk12.org.
Posting will remain open until position is filled.
Office of Human Resources
Scotch Plains-Fanwood Public Schools
512 Cedar Street
Scotch Plains, NJ 07076
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/ADA