Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
Livingston Public Schools is currently accepting applications for an anticipated opening for a Network Administrator. The successful candidate will design, install, maintain, monitor and evaluate the district’s network infrastructure, including voice, video and data networks. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years experience as a network administrator or network engineer, preferably in an educational setting. The individual who is hired for this position will need to take initiative to identify and resolve issues, be flexible and be able to adjust their schedule as needed to accommodate district needs and facilitation of repairs to ensure minimal interruption of network service to users. No phone calls please. EOE.
- Minimum of a BA or BS in computer science, data processing, or related engineering field.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- A minimum of five years experience as a network administrator or network engineer, preferably in an educational setting.
- Experience with Microsoft client/server operating system and client/server virtualization technologies.
- Experience with Cisco networking and VolP products; CCNA/CCNP certification preferred.
- A minimum 5 years experience supporting multiple platforms including Windows, Mac OS, iOS, and Chrome OS in an enterprise environment.
REPORTS TO: Director of Technology & Innovation
JOB GOALS: To design, install, maintain, monitor, and evaluate the district’s network infrastructure, including voice, video, and data networks.
- Plans, designs, and implements data connectivity for local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) systems.
- Installs, configures, maintains, and monitors network hardware including: routers, firewall, core and edge switches, wireless access points, and security appliances.
- Installs, configures, maintains, and monitors the IP Telephony system.
- Installs, configures, maintains, and monitors the web filtering and security systems.
- Maintains network integrity and security.
- Researches, analyzes, and troubleshoots server and/or data network problems.
- Installs, configures, maintains, and monitors the network antivirus for all district devices.
- Manages the end user experience with Desktop Policy Management or similar.
- Implement and maintain backup and recovery procedures for district wide systems infrastructure.
- Installation and testing of wiring, patch panels, and connectors.
- Communicates with vendors on networking projects and issues.
- Assist with development, documentation, and implementation of appropriate systems infrastructure standards, policies, and procedures.
- Displays professional integrity and maintains confidentiality of systems and staff/student data.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and initiate and prioritize tasks with or without direction.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of end users.
- Keeps up to date on job skills and industry trends by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Adjusts schedule as needed to accommodate district needs and facilitation of repairs to ensure minimal interruption of network service to users.
This position will also be responsible for all other duties as assigned by the Director of Technology & Innovation.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is a twelve month position with compensation to be negotiated with the Superintendent and approved by the Board.
The performance of this position will be evaluated annually in accordance with the provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of professional personnel.
Approved: December 7, 2020