Central Jersey College Prep Charter School (CJCP) is a tuition-free, public charter school located in Somerset and New Brunswick, New Jersey. Serving grades Kindergarten through 12th, CJCP has a diverse student population from urban and suburban neighborhoods. CJCP first opened in 2006 with 77 students, now serving over 1,300 students with about 200 faculty and staff. CJCP is a recipient of many awards and designations such as 2016 Blue Ribbon Award, NJDOE Top-Performing Tier-I Status, US News Best High Schools, and College Board Female Diversity Awards. CJCP has produced a 100% graduation rate and a 100% acceptance rate into four-year colleges and universities since 2011.
The mission of CJCP is to provide academic and social challenges and opportunities for students to attain the skills necessary for success in post-secondary education. CJCP serves its mission by offering rigorous educational programs with an emphasis on college preparation, college and career counseling, and extracurricular enrichment activities.
Central Jersey College Prep Charter School is accepting applications for French Teacher; a tenure track position.
- Provides content-related and appropriate instruction based on NJ Student Learning Standards;
- Provides classroom environment which promotes active learning in subject area;
- Exhibits knowledge of performance-based instruction and assessment;
- Communicates responsibly with students, parents, colleagues, and school leadership;
- Accounts for student attendance and punctuality;
- Follows all county, state, and federal policies and procedures;
- Follows professional ethics in all work-related activities;
- Prepares adequately for responsibilities to be assumed when absent;
- Works with parents/guardians in all aspects of the student’s educational programs;
- Facilitates home-school communication by such means as holding conferences, telephoning, and sending written communication;
- Integrates appropriate technology into classroom instruction;
- Avoids behaviors which detract from staff morale;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the appropriate administrator.
- Proven communication and instructional strategies;
- Classroom management skills;
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing;
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university;
- Valid NJ CE, CEAS, or Standard Teacher Certification;
- NJ Criminal History letter;
- Work authorization in the U.S.;
Opportunities at CJCP:
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance at a low cost;
- NJ state teachers’ pension plan (TPAF) enrollment;
- Tuition reimbursement assistance;
- Paid professional development opportunities;
- Opportunities for extra stipends.
$53,000.00 as starting salary.
Additional stipend for each year of teaching experience.
Additional stipend for graduate degree.