To maintain the districts buildings, grounds, machinery, equipment
and furnishing in a condition of operating excellence,
cleanliness and safety so that maximum effectiveness and efficiency may be realized for education, recreational and community use.
Performance Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Supports, supervises and implements and annual program
for regular, ongoing custodial care of district facilities
including cleaning schedules and procedures, staff
assignments and equipment care.
- Inspects all facilities, meets with building principals and
conducts surveys on a regular basis to ensure that the highest
standard of workmanship, cleanliness, safety and security are
maintained in the district's facilities.
- Supervises the closing of all facilities on a daily basis.
Implements and reviews security precautions and procedures for
evening events and recommends changes as needed.
- Assisting, ordering and maintaining an adequate inventory of custodial
supplies and equipment.
- Supervises the receipt of deliveries to each school, ensures that
materials are stored in accordance with principal/ supervisor’s
instructions, inventories fixed assets and inputs data into computer
- Maintains good compliance records, including Right To Know
Labeling and Materials Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for all hazardous
materials in all district facilities and complete the Annual Right
To Know Survey in accordance with workers and community
Right to Know Act.
- Supports staff scheduling and set up for special activities.
- Prepares maintenance requests and vandalism reports as a
result of information reported by staff.
- Supervises and assists in snow removal.
- Attends major emergency problems promptly, including
holidays and weekends, when necessary.
- Assists the Director of Building and Grounds in developing and
implementing an orientation program for new custodians and
in conducting a continuous program of staff training and
- Conducts regular meeting of the custodial staff for
communications, training and moral purposes.
- Supervises daily distribution and collection of keys to
- Assists in the annual preparation of the budget for the purpose
of custodial supplies, materials, equipment and purchased services
in order to address anticipated and emergency needs.
- Acts in place of the Director of Buildings and Grounds in
their absence and performs tasks as needed to cover for
- Assists in any capacity to ensure proper and timely completion
of any departmental job or project.
- Familiar with the operation of the HVAC Controls.
- Is available for consultations, meetings and emergencies.
- Performs any other tasks or duties assigned by the Director.