Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is seeking a Special Education Teacher for the Child & Adolescent Services – Education Program at Rutgers, University Behavioral Health Care.
The Special Education Teacher functions as a teacher for the Rutgers Day School Adolescent Program providing therapeutic and special education services to adolescents.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Plans and implements detailed lesson plans according to New Jersey State Learning Standards and student IEPs.
- Attends IEP meetings and prepares written summaries of present levels of academic and behavioral performance and functioning, goals and objectives and instructional modifications and accommodations for these meetings.
- Works with related services including counseling, occupational and speech therapy, to develop individual interventions and strategies to support academic achievement.
- Works with supervisors to update content area curriculum and design new course offerings.
- Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary staff team implementing each adolescent’s treatment plan.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Special Education, Psychology, or related discipline.
- New Jersey State Certification of Teacher of the Handicapped or Teacher of Students with Disabilities.
- New Jersey Certification in a High School Level Content Area (English, Math, Science, Social Studies).
- Experience with emotionally disturbed children.
- Previous experience with children (3 1/2 – 21 years).
Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is university policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all its employees and applicants for employment regardless of their race, creed, color, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability status, liability for military service, protected veteran status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), or any other category protected by law. As an institution, we value diversity of background and opinion, and prohibit discrimination or harassment on the basis of any legally protected class in the areas of hiring, recruitment, promotion, transfer, demotion, training, compensation, pay, fringe benefits, layoff, termination or any other terms and conditions of employment. For additional information please see the Non-Discrimination Statement at the following web address: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/non-discrimination-statement
Immunization Policy for Covered IndividualsUnder Policy 100.3.1, the following immunizations are mandatory for Covered Individuals:COVID-19 - Any Covered Individual, upon commencement of their relationship with Rutgers, will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 Immunization, receive a COVID-19 Immunization, or furnish any exemption request(s).Seasonal Influenza - Any Covered Individual, upon commencement of their relationship with Rutgers, will be required to provide proof of influenza vaccination, receive an influenza vaccine, or furnish any exemption request(s), if the relationship begins during Flu Season or when influenza vaccines are available if the relationship begins before Flu Season.Please review the Policy for more information.