One to One
The Lower School in Waterford Township – is a NJ DOE approved private school for the handicapped. It provides a nurturing & educational experience for the student ages 3 through 21 with Multiple Disabilities, Autistic Spectrum Disorders, Communication Disabilities, Other Health Impairments and Pre-School Disabilities (PSD). Our students, who may also be challenged socially, neurologically and economically, receive not just an education, but also additional support services needed to succeed in life.
Archway Programs is seeking a Full Time One to One Aide for our Lower School. The One-to-One Teaching Assistant generally functions under the supervision of the Principal and serves as an individual students’ aide. This One-to-One Aide provides appropriate and consistent services to this student, helping to implement suggested educational activities. One-to-One supportive tutoring and the fostering of a climate for emotional/social/cognitive development is mandatory.
• To be patient and respectful towards students and staff.
• Has input with parent conferences
• Supervises lunchroom/recess activities
• Assists in physical education/swimming program
• Must be prepared to physically enter the swimming pool with assigned child
• Performs clerical/classroom duties for teacher
• Maintains accurate attendance/point system/lunch count records
• Cleans/decorates classroom
• Assists teacher in monitoring students’ work/study/behavioral performance.
• Transports student on/off bus
• Attends yearly Primary Restraint Technique (PRT) training.
• Supervises student in restrooms
• Attends orientation/behavioral management/classroom management/professional improvement in-services.
• Participates in PIP for improved job performance
• Works closely with classroom teachers
• Participates in faculty meetings
• Responsible for any miscellaneous duties as assigned.
• Must have a high school diploma or GED
• Associates degree preferred or 60 college credits
You may use the APPLY button.
Archway Programs is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, & women.