Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
Effective Date(s): September 1, 2022
Staff Needed: One (1) Teacher Grade 1-2 Bilingual
- Hold a New Jersey instructional certificate with elementary education endorsement and other appropriate endorsement(s) (N.J.A.C. 6:11-6.1, 6.2, or 8.1 et seq.) in accordance with the requirements of N.J.S.A. 18A:27.1 et seq., and N.J.A.C. Title 6 Chapter 11.
- Have excellent experience in teaching and working with children.
- Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of child growth and development, effective instructional strategies, classroom management, learning assessment and diagnosis, and research related to learning.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the content field when holding a content specific teaching responsibility on the elementary level.
- Able to engage students in learning and promote academic growth
- Knowledge of Common Core State Standards, Mandated State Testing
- Excellent classroom management
- Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative
- Exhibit a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents, and the community.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
- Communicate regularly with parents, seeking their support and advice, so as to create a cooperative relationship to support the child in the school.
- Assess and diagnose the learning, social, and emotional needs and styles of students, using a variety of assessment techniques and data. Plan and adjust the learning experiences accordingly, requesting advice and assistance from specialists when appropriate.
Salary: As Per Negotiated Contract
Initiator: Peter Somoza, Vice Principal
- Meet such alternatives to above qualifications as the Superintendent may find appropriate and acceptable
- Pending budget availability
- All postings are open for ten (10) consecutive days following the date or until filled