QUALIFICATIONS/ 1) Certified Educational Facilities Manager Certificate
REQUIREMENTS 2) High School Diploma or General Educational Certificate
3) Demonstrate general knowledge of building operation and
maintenance, cleaning methods and procedures and the proper
handling of hazardous materials
4) Black Seal Low Pressure Boiler Operator’s License,
HVAC, Electrical or Plumbing License
5) Valid Driver’s License
6) Demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills
7) Maintain a good work ethic while multi-tasking in a fast paced
8) Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S.
citizenship or legal resident alien status.
REPORTS TO: Director of Buildings & Grounds & Building Principal
JOB GOAL: Under the direction of a Director of Buildings & Grounds, performs varied simple and moderately physically strenuous tasks involved in cleaning and maintaining offices, furniture, buildings and grounds; may be directed to assist in making minor repairs to buildings or equipment; performs other related duties as required.
- Checks boilers and makes appropriate boiler log entries as required.
- Checks and inspects work and progress of custodial night crew at each school nightly.
- Writes up custodial reports on the cleaning performance of night crew members.
- Ensures the US flag is retired for the evening at the appropriate time and is properly folded and stored.
- Leaves follow-up notes, log book, email or other approved communication(s) for the Director of Buildings & Grounds each day.
- Ensures the security of all buildings and the alarms are set each evening.
- Directs and instructs “substitute” custodians on area assigned, cleaning procedures for the building, break times and night routine.
- Carries and maintains the District issued Cellular Phone at all times for emergency and safety reasons.
- Notifies the Facilities Supervisor to report trouble with personnel, building, alarms, injuries or other information that may be important or pertinent.
- Re-directs personnel and resources throughout the district to ensure all areas of each school are cleaned properly and ready for the next day’s school operations.
- Assists and directs the set-up and break-down of the cafeteria, gym or auditorium as scheduled and directed for special events.
- Observes and promotes safe work practices and procedures at all times; uses, wears and directs night crew to use safety and/or protective equipment as appropriate.
- Adheres to proper cleaning methods, storage and proper care of equipment and supplies.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students/staff, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Makes repairs to heating, electrical, and other systems of various types of buildings.
- Assists the Facilities Supervisor in keeping essential records and files.
- Ensures the removal of snow and ice district-wide.
- Regulates heat, ventilation and air conditioning systems to provide temperatures appropriate to the season and to ensure economical usage of fuel, water and electricity. Reports to the Facilities Supervisor when repairs are necessary.
- Recommends the hiring and termination of employees to the Facilities Supervisor.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Buildings & Grounds and the School Business Administrator/Board Secretary.
NOTE: The definition and examples of work for this title are for illustrative purposes only; all duties performed on the job may not be listed.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the terms and conditions of employment as set forth in Board policy.