DIRECTOR/SUPERVISOR OF SPECIAL SERVICES
Available July 1, 2019
Full Time, 10.5 months
An educational leader who will work in conjunction with and report to the Superintendent of Schools to oversee and manage the special services department for the Harding Township Public School district. The Director/Supervisor of Special Services must be able to recognize existing best practices while being able to recommend and implement policies and procedures for new or revised programs or activities, such as screening, placement, education, and training to meet the needs of our students. The leader must possess thorough knowledge and understanding of special education, theory and practice, differentiated instruction, student disabilities, and school law.
Master’s degree, or higher
NJDOE principal/supervisory certificate
Minimum 5-7 years of teaching and/or CST experience
Standards and Scope of Performance:
The services that the Director/Supervisor of Special Services shall be in accordance with the following:
- Coordinating, completing and submitting all State and County Reports.
- Developing and implementing Special Education Policies and Procedures within the district.
- Developing the Three-Year Special Education Plan.
- Evaluating/classifying Special Education students with emphasis on the education learning component/full Child Study Team work-up.
- Maintaining and updating all special education student records and reports in the district.
- Developing and implementing Federal/State Grants regarding Special Education.
- Attending parent/teacher/private school/out-of-district meetings, conferences and programs.
- Supervising and evaluating programs and staff development of Child Study Team.
- Supervising and observing special education teachers and classroom aides.
- Assisting in budget preparation for Special Education related items.
- Coordinating Child Study Team members’ duties and activities.
- Coordinating grade level CST meetings.
- Scheduling parent meetings.
- Conducting monthly Special Education Department meetings.
- Serving as a liaison between Special Education staff/administrators/Board of Education/parents/ county and state.
- Attending state/county sponsored meetings/workshops on current trends.
- SEMI Reporting and assisting Business Administrator with SEMI reimbursements
- IDEA applications
- Running Extended School Year Program
- Performing all other tasks which are within the scope of employment and certification(s) as may be assigned by the administration under the authority of the Board of Education.
The Director/Supervisor of Special Services performance shall be reviewed in accordance with the methods and frequencies provided in the District’s policies for evaluations of school administrators.
You may use the APPLY button.