Bergen Center for Child Development / Haworth, NJ
NJ Approved Private School for Students with Disabilities
Serving students ages 5-21 ( Student enrollment 20-25 students )
POSITION: ART THERAPIST / TEACHER
PART-TIME: 2 days per week / 15 hours ( Immediate vacancy for the summer program and beyond )
HOURS: 7:45 am - 3:00 pm
YEAR: 2019-2020 School Year and ensuing years
- Develop art projects and therapeutic activities treatment program according to each student's needs.
- Provide art therapy/ projects that require students to participate in a variety of educational, motor, social and sensory activities.
- Educate students on the skills and techniques required for participation in therapy activities.
- Participate in educational programs to learn new methods and to promote professional growth.
- Collaborate with team members to monitor whether the therapy offered to the students adhere to quality standards.
- Evaluate student progress, attitudes and behavior during the program.
- Participate in meetings and conferences to discuss good practices and new ideas.
- Assess each student's needs and provide appropriate guidance and counseling.
- Maintain the art facility. Ensure that is clean, safe and orderly.
- Ensure that all art equipment and supplies are in good condition.
- Consult external and school professionals such as teachers, psychologists, and occupational therapists to ensure student success and growth.
- Art Therapist and or Teacher
- NJ Certification
- Experience Preferred not required
- Criminal Background Check - Clearance
- Drug Screening - Clearance
PAY SCALE: Negotiable / Per Board of Trustees & Executive Director
PROCEDURES: Please e-mail Cover Letter, Resume & Certifications