Title: BEYOND THE BELL ASSISTANT DIRECTOR
- High School Diploma required
- Associates Degree preferred
Position Purpose: Under the direct supervision of the Director of Beyond the Bell, to assist in maintaining an orderly and safe atmosphere in the cafeteria, on the playground and in other designated locations by helping and supervising students before and after school in accordance with Board policy and established district procedures, assists the director with administrative functions and serves as director in the director’s absence.
- Assist the Director of Beyond the Bell with administrative functions of the program
- Serve as director in the absence of the Director of Beyond the Bell
- Assists in supervising students in the cafeteria before and after school making sure that tables and surrounding areas are clean; helping with distribution of snacks, disposal of food waste, and homework as needed
- Assists in supervising on the playground/gym during playtime
- Reports to the director regarding infractions, safety concerns, injuries, or other issues involving students
- Assists students with non-instructional classroom needs including safety and recreation
- Performs other related tasks as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and effective organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain composure and perform responsibilities under pressure
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work
- Ability to maintain confidentiality about students in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and district guidelines
- Must pass criminal background check and fingerprints, pre-employment drug screening and TB test
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards: Works in standard school environment and in outdoor weather.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties of this job are normally performed in the following manner: the employee is regularly required to stand and is regularly required to talk and to hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; to use hand to finger, handle or feel; to reach with hands and arms; to stoop; kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Note: Qualified candidates/incumbents must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations. As required under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions or duties. It is the responsibility of the incumbent in the position or the candidate once offered the position to inform the East Greenwich Superintendent of any and all reasonable accommodations that may be required. Candidates who need accommodations to complete the application process must inform the Superintendent of their need.
Equipment: Ability to use standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone
- Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying.
- Motor Vehicle Operator's (DMV) License or ability to provide own transportation.
The East Greenwich Township School District is an Equal Opportunity Employment, Educational and Service Organization.