The Northern Regional Educational Services Commission (NRESC), with its central office located in Wayne, is seeking a School Business Administrator/Board Secretary (12-month, full-time position). Anticipated Start Date: April 1, 2023
The School Business Administrator/Board Secretary will be responsible for:
- Overseeing an operating budget of nearly $37 million (9th highest in Passaic County).
- Supervising the effective and efficient operation of its business office and staff.
- Initiating, promoting, and expanding our business services department, which includes shared business services and cooperative purchasing contracts.
The chosen candidate will:
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the principles and practices of financial accounting and reporting procedures consistent with statute, code, and GAAP requirements.
- In the role of Board Secretary, serve as an active conduit for communication between the Board of Directors and oversee the agenda process.
- Possess great attention to detail, high energy, and a strong desire to grow the NRESC’s business services offerings.
- Have strong interpersonal skills.
- Valid New Jersey School Business Administrator certificate or CE.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Previous experience as a School Business Administrator not required. Individuals with private sector and/or school business office experience are welcome to apply.
- Knowledge of acceptable business practices in school districts related to budget preparation and administration, risk management, accounts payable and receivable, purchasing, transportation, and food services.
- Proficiency in various technology applications and the ability to learn new programs.
The Northern Regional Educational Services Commission (NRESC) is a non-profit, state-approved public school district that provides educational, business, technology, and transportation services to partner school districts throughout the northern region of New Jersey.
- With a mission to offer exceptional solutions for specific educational challenges, the NRESC serves in 90+ entities in seven counties with over 150 certificated and non-certificated staff members working daily within partner school districts (public, non-public, and charter) and municipalities.
- The NRESC operates Hope and Ascend Academies, which are alternative secondary schools in Passaic City, as well as Second Home Day Habilitation Center for adults with special needs in Wayne. In addition, the NRESC provides instructional support to children with special needs who reside at the Phoenix Center in Wanaque.
Salary Range: $125,000 - $135,000
All applicants should send their cover letter, resume, credentials, and at least two (2) recommendation letters to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of:
Dr. Nicholas V. Vancheri
Superintendent of Schools