- Valid New Jersey Instructional Certificate and Subject Area Endorsement or eligibility;
- Valid New Jersey Supervisor/Principal Certificate;
- Minimum five years as a teacher and minimum of five years successful experience as a high school interscholastic team coach.
- Administrative experience preferred;
- Demonstrated leadership in the organization and administration of a district-level athletic program;
- Ability to maintain a positive learning environment and high standards of conduct for athletes.
- Effective project-management, problem-solving, organizational, human relations, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with staff, parents, community members and students to maintain and strengthen sound human relations for the improvement of the school program..
- Required criminal history background check, proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status, meets NJ Residency requirements, and physical examination.
SUPERVISES: Health and Physical Education Departments, Coaches, Athletic Trainer
The Supervisor/Athletic Director will be responsible for the instructional leadership in the development, implementation,and coordination of the district’s Physical Education and Health departments in grades K-12 and the development and supervision of the district’s interscholastic athletic program in accordance with Board Policy and the guidelines of the N.J.S.I.A.A.