The Black Horse Pike Regional School District anticipates the need to hire a Science Teacher - Life Science or Physics - for the 2022-2023 school year.
1. Valid New Jersey Instructional Certificate as a Teacher of Life Science or Physics, preferred or the ability to obtain one.
2. Highly qualified teacher in area of instruction
3. Candidate should be experienced in working with high risk students
4. Demonstrated knowledge of subject specialty and effective teaching methods
5. Ability to maintain a positive learning environment
6. Strong interpersonal and communication skills
7. Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status
8. Working knowledge of computers.
1. Works to achieve State core curriculum content standards and District educational goals and objectives by promoting active learning and skills development in the classroom. Teaches pupils through an approved course of study using Board-adopted curricula, textbooks, and other appropriate teaching materials.
2. Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides opportunities for individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of
3. Sets specific objectives wherever possible in lesson preparation and weekly lesson plans and carries through presentation to effectively achieve these objectives.
4. Assesses pupil academic progress and personal growth toward stated objectives of instruction.
5. Maintains records of pupil’s educational progress in class record books and/or Board approved forms and summarizes these marks for reporting purposes.
6. Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and resolving learning problems.
7. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a classroom climate conductive to learning.
8. Budgets class time effectively.
9. Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to inform them about the school program and to discuss pupil progress.
10. Devises written and oral assignments and tests that require analytical and critical thinking as well as the reproduction of facts.
11. Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities as assigned.
12. Maintains professional competence and continuous improvement through inservice education and other professional growth activities.
13. Participates in school-level planning, faculty meetings/committees and other school system groups.
14. Makes effective use of community resources to enhance the instructional program.
15. Upholds and enforces school rules, administrative regulations and Board policy.
16. Performs other duties within the scope of his/her employment and certification as may be assigned.
The Black Horse Pike Regional School District is an "Equal Employment Opportunity Organization".