- PRIMARY FUNCTION: Employee performs a variety of non-teaching duties requiring the exercise of good judgment and the ability to get along well with children, youths, and/or young adults. The incumbent in this class is responsible for the supervision of students and student activities and for maintaining order in school buildings, school district public libraries, on school grounds and playgrounds, and at street crossings. Work requires the employee to be able to maintain discipline among students in a courteous but firm manner.
- LINE OF AUTHORITY
Directly responsible to the Dean of the School
- EXAMPLES OF WORK: (Illustrative Only)
- Oversees and monitors student behavior by walking hallways, campus grounds, locker rooms, and cafeteria to ensure students are proceeding to their classes in an orderly manner;
- Oversees and monitors the behavior of children, youth and/or young adults in a library setting, if assigned to a school district library;
- Helps maintain order in classrooms, gymnasiums and on school grounds by removing students in the event of unruly behavior;
- Takes attendance and searches for students who are on campus but not in assigned class; Issues passes to students who are late to class;
- Greets visitors to campus, ascertains their business, issues a pass and directs the individual(s) to the proper location;
- Guides students safely across streets and intersections;
- Controls traffic while school buses are arriving and departing; Aids students in lower grades with wearing apparel
- May function as a representative for students to bring issues/concerns to the attention of teachers, counselors, and administration.
- May render elementary first-aid treatment;
- May function as a "guide" for members of the community who wish to tour a school district's campus and/or classes;
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTES: Skill in dealing with children and youths with behavioral and/or emotional problems; ability to gain and hold the confidence of, and to maintain a patient and understanding attitude toward students; ability to maintain order in classrooms/library and to enforce school regulations with firmness, tact, and impartiality; ability to establish good working relationships with students, parents, school personnel and the general public; ability to successfully complete therapeutic crisis intervention training; ability to keep simple records and to make reports; ability to read, write, understand and communicate in English sufficiently to perform the essential functions of the position; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; ability to administer basic first aid; good judgment; mental alertness; good powers of observation; tact and courtesy; physical condition commensurate with the duties of the position.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Must hold a high school diploma,
Must be able to pass a background check.
You may use the APPLY button.