Choose 2 Connect (C2C) is an afterschool program providing academic enrichment and services to students and families outside the regular school day. The program runs from the approximate hours of 2:30 PM until 5:30 PM on full school days, not to exceed 15 hours per week.
QUALIFICATIONS: The C2C Facilitator shall hold an appropriate teaching certificate issued by the State Board of Education. The C2C Facilitator must have on file his/her criminal background check.
REPORTS TO: C2C Site Coordinator, C2C Program Director
JOB GOAL: The C2C Facilitator is responsible for the instruction and supervision of students.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Ten (10) Months plus four (4) weeks in summer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The C2C Facilitator shall:
- Employ a variety of instructional styles and techniques to provide an atmosphere designated to stimulate student learning.
- Develop reasonable rules for student behavior and demonstrate an ability to organize and structure the learning environment.
- Demonstrate a willingness to develop positive interpersonal relationships with students.
- Assist the C2C Site Coordinator and C2C Project Director in the development of program activities and the selection of materials.
- Confer with parents and/or other staff members concerning student progress.
- Work in consultation with C2C staff and others concerning program improvement.
- Participate in coordinating the dayschool and afterschool programs.
- Engage in staff improvement activities, which bear on the areas of assigned responsibilities.
- Perform reasonable duties which may be necessary to ensure the proper functioning of the educational program of the district and which are incidental to the position of C2C Facilitator.