Glassboro Public Schools is currently seeking a Guidance Counselor at our Glassboro High School for the 2019-2020 School Year. This position will begin September 1, 2019.
- Counsel individual students to resolve educational, personal, emotional, and social needs and other areas of concern identified by the counselor, student, parents, teachers, administrators, child study team members, or others associated with the student
- Provide counseling services, including crisis intervention, to students experiencing difficulty with student growth and performance, referring students to other resources and agencies as needed
- Assist students in evaluating their aptitudes and abilities through the use of teacher comments, interpretation of individual standardized test scores and other pertinent data. Work with students in evolving educational and career plans in terms of such evaluation
- Work closely with teachers, administrators and other professional staff members, providing information and assistance where needed for the ultimate benefit of students
- Maintain a close relationship with the Child Study Team
- State of NJ Certification (2702 - School Counselor) Required
- State of NJ Certification (3461 - Student Assistance Coordinator) Preferred or successful candidate is willing to obtain this certification
- Experience with I&RS teams, HIB, and certification in school counseling required
- High interpersonal relationship skills in dealing with fellow professionals, students and parents
- Successful Completion of Fingerprinting and Criminal History Review Process
You may use the APPLY button.