Sage Alliance is a subsidiary of New Story Schools, which is an educational organization comprised of schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students with social and emotional challenges. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts, and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
Do you have a passion for education and being part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as medical coverage, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off and so much more?
Sage Alliance Middle School, a New Story School in Mahwah, NJ, is seeking a qualified Associate Teacher of English for a full time position as a teaching assistant for grades 7 and 8. Sage Alliance is a private therapeutic school that serves the needs of students in grades 4 through 8 with social and emotional challenges. As an Associate Teacher, you will play an integral role in the success of our students by creating a nurturing and supportive environment to meet their needs academically and clinically.
- Assist in planning and implementing creative, diverse and technology-rich lessons that address the learning needs of students.
- Engage students in activities that empower student learning, including individualized instruction as well as work with small groups.
- Possess a strong and broad sense of the scope and sequence of middle level English, Language Arts.
- Assist students with various projects and curriculum tasks.
- Supervise students during co-curricular activities, arrival, dismissal, lunch periods and field trips.
- Assume lead teaching responsibilities as needed.
- New Jersey Certification as an elementary teacher
- Middle School endorsement as a Teacher of English or Teacher of English grades 5 to 8 or the equivalent
- Special Education certification (Preferred)
Eligible New Story School employees will receive:
- Competitive pay and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k with company contribution
- Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts options
- Tuition credit program for eligible dependents
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers.