In-Person for 2021-2022 School Year
Position: Full-Time World Language Teacher
Certification: World Language/ Foreign Language Certification or able to obtain
Additional ESL certification preferred
The full-time foreign language teacher provides instruction for K-8 students. The teacher will also work with the Integrated Arts and Social Studies teachers to coordinate and deliver enriching multi-cultural activities.
- Valid New Jersey Certification K-6 certification; Valid certification for teacher of foreign language
- Demonstrated organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
- New Jersey residency.
- Plans, in accordance with established procedures both a program of study and lessons which are consistent with the approved course of study and which meet the individual needs, interests and abilities of students.
- Implements by instruction and action the School's philosophy of education and the State and School's instructional goals and objectives.
- Ensures satisfactory pupil progress and growth toward stated objectives of instruction.
- Employs instructional method and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives including positive attitudes toward learning.
- Develops effective procedures for the operation and management of the classroom and for following routine school procedures.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate student behavior in the classroom, school building and school grounds and exercises due care for the health, safety and well-being of the students in accordance with the philosophy and rules of the school.
- Assists in curriculum development and in the selection of books, equipment and other instructional materials.
- Works toward professional growth and meets the role-model standards of a professional educator.
- Maintains cordial and workable professional and social relationships with other members of the professional and non-professional staff and with students, parents and community members.
- Displays respect towards the rights and feelings of students, thereby encouraging students to develop attitudes of respect for the rights, feelings, opinions and property of others.
- Confers, as necessary and/or desirable, with students and parents to foster a constructive student-teacher and parent-teacher relationship.
- Accurately maintains appropriate student records and submits required reports within designated time limits.
- Effectively contributes in a reasonable manner to the overall after-school functions and student activities of his/her school unit.
- Gives proper attention to the care and protection of school property and uses material economically.
- Adheres to and promotes the philosophy and objectives of the school, the administrative staff and the Board of Education and interprets the policies and program of the school in a positive and constructive manner.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned by the administrative staff in accordance with the contractual agreement or policies of the Board of Trustees.