Are you looking for a summer job? Do you enjoy working with children of all ages? If so, we have many positions available to consider.
The JCC of Central NJ is looking to hire skilled and enthusiastic professionals who enjoy working with children to lead an activity area at Camp Yachad, our camp of 600+ campers. Specialists are considered experts in their activity area who will teach introductory skills to campers and build upon those skills as the summer goes on.
Key responsibilities include:
- Create and execute age appropriate lesson plans which includes a supply order
- Encourage campers to participate
- Mentor a junior staff member in a job skills training program
- Responsible for overall safety and well-being of campers
- Maintain required safety and hygiene practices related to Covid-19
- Attend all pre-camp staff trainings
- Must be willing to be outdoors for the large majority of the day
- Program hours: 8:00am-2:30pm or 8:00am-4:30pm
- Must be flexible when not scheduled to be with a group as you may be asked to assist with camper arrival / dismissal, special events, coverage of a group that is short staffed, etc.
Below is a list of the specific specialists we are hiring. However, we are always looking to expand our programming if you have an expertise in a different area that is appropriate as a potential camp activity.
Rockwall Specialist: Supervise groups at the 24 foot rockwall, along with 2 trampoline bouncers. Ensure camper's safety by double checking harnesses & helmets before clipping them in to the self-belay rope system to climb.
Adventure Course Specialist: Plan activities for groups utilizing the low ropes course on our campsite. Activities should be planned around helping groups work as a team & communicate. **ADDITIONAL PRE CAMP-TRAINING on the course itself is REQUIRED**
Sports Specialists: Teach a variety of sports to children in kindergarten and above. This is a great opportunity for one who plays at the college level, a physical education teacher, or school coach. Sports include soccer, floor hockey, and basketball.
Pre-School Art Specialist: Follow a direct a process approach to teaching art to campers ages 2-4. Lessons should include sensory experiences and focus on the process rather than the product. Experience with pre-school aged children preferred.
Art Specialist: Run an outdoor art program for campers in kindergarten through 8th grade. Organize & keep track of materials, assist with pre-camp ordering, and teach campers basic skills of art. Art will be taught outdoors, and may not have a home base; flexibility and thoughtfulness with materials required.
The JCC of Central NJ is a non-profit agency whose mission is to educate, enrich and empower our community - from generation to generation. The JCC offers educational, recreational, fitness & wellness, cultural and communal programs and activities for people of all abilities and all stages of life.
The JCC promotes a diverse workforce where all employees are treated fairly. All employees must work together with mutual respect. The Center complies with all applicable state and federal laws and expects employees to do the same.