School Psychologist – Maternity Leave
Qualifications: As determined by state certification requirements
Terms of Employment: $175.00/day, as per ESS Agreement with District
Reports to: Child Study Team Supervisor
Job Goal: To enable students to succeed academically, socially, and emotionally.
- Conduct Psychological evaluations of students referred to the Child Study Team through traditional and appropriate testing and response-to-intervention procedures.
- Prepare and submit appropriate reports.
- Participate in the Child Study Team eligibility determination process and development of appropriate program recommendations (IEP).
- Provide counseling to students (with IEP’s) and families related to learning and behavior affecting student progress and functioning.
- Serve as case manager for assigned students.
- Provide in-service training to the teaching staff.
- Conduct screenings (e.g., curriculum-based measurement, Conners’ Rating Scales) and provide data to parents and teachers.
- Conduct functional behavioral assessments, which serve as guides in providing behavior plans and manifestation determinations for at-risk and identified students with emotional and behavioral difficulties.
- Provide crisis intervention and assist in development of policies and practices in crisis intervention.
- Participate in the Intervention and Referral Services Committee.
- Assist school administrators and teachers administer and interpret district-wide assessments.
- Serve as a resource for teachers and administrators to understand federal and state regulations for special education.
- Participate as requested in the development or implementation of district-wide programs especially those related to students’ behavioral and mental health needs and school-community collaboration.
- Provide consultation to teachers and parents to help develop academic, behavioral, and social-emotional interventions.
Ten months per year
Pay Rate $175.00 per day and additional terms to be provided by employer, ESS Inc.