Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
Approximate start date: December 2, 2019
FUNCTION: Under the direct supervision of the Supervisor of Accounting and School Business Administrator, to ensure the confidential, prompt and accurate payment of all approved salaries, stipends and hourly pay. To provide for accurate accounting and transmittal of all required and voluntary payroll deductions. To provide a system of control and accounting for the Workers Compensation Program. To establish a viable and accurate system of personnel accounting. To provide in-service for all staff in payroll and payroll related matters.
REPORTS TO: The Supervisor of Accounting and the School Business Administrator
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare payroll output for data processing.
- Reconcile payroll and distribution of checks.
- Maintain payroll agency deduction account in approved manner, whereby all funds can be properly tracked and identified.
- Reconcile net payroll account, unemployment compensation account and agency checking accounts.
- Maintain and manage all pension plans, including TPAF, PERS and DCRP.
- Quarterly submissions to IROC (Internet Report of Contribution).
- Uses appropriate computer skills to produce reports, correspondence, and notices.
- Operate all computer programs necessary to complete reports and clerical work required in the operation of the office.
- Maintain a well-organized, up-to-date filing system.
- Maintain channel of communication regarding Payroll between school personnel, the Business office and Supervisor of Accounting.
- Work closely with Supervisor of Accounting Services on day to day duties and assignments.
- Recommend any system or procedural changes for improvement of the Payroll process.
- Perform typing, filing and all clerical skills necessary to maintain an efficient office.
- Assist in greeting visitors and answering phones in the district office.
- Participate in audit and provide auditors with all documents requested pertaining to the Payroll function.
- Assist in startup and year end procedures with respect to Payroll.
- Serve as a backup for health benefits.
- Complete other duties as assigned by Supervisor of Accounting Services and/or School Business Administrator.
Knowledge and ability to utilize computers and related technology efficiently with a range of skills covering levels from basic use to advanced use.
- Previous Payroll Experience Preferred.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting concepts.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrate initiative, sound judgment, tact and confidentiality.
The Board reserves the right to hire before the closing of this post.