Special Education Elementary Teacher - Long Term Substitute
Glassboro Public Schools is currently seeking a Long Term Substitute Special Education Elementary School Teacher for the Dorothy L. Bullock School. This position begins as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will be forwarded to ESS/Source-4-Teachers for onboarding.
Successful candidates must:
- Plan and implement a variety of rich instructional experiences to enhance student achievement.
- Use instructional strategies that are appropriate for the objectives and for the students.
- Track and analyze student data to identify student learning needs and set ambitious, attainable goals for student progress.
- Implement formative assessment strategies to evaluate student progress as well as the effectiveness of instruction.
- Possess experience providing academic instruction to diverse populations.
- Support implementation of inclusive practices.
- Possess working experience with curricular planning and implementation, and I&RS.
- Establish a positive learning environment in which behavioral and academic expectations are communicated and reinforced.
- Create a classroom environment that supports the social/emotional learning needs of our students.
- Effectively communicate with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Follow district and school policies, regulations, procedures, and rules.
- Hold or be eligible to hold a State of NJ Certification: (1001) Elementary School Teacher in Grades K - 6 and (2475) Students with Disabilities Certification
- Possess the capacity to design and implement instructional experiences that will help students explore the core tenants of literacy learning (phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary acquisition & comprehension).
- Possess the capacity to design and implement instructional experiences that will help students explore the core tenants of math learning as outlined in the Standards for Mathematical Practice.
- Ability to design culturally responsive lessons and work with a diverse population, including students with IEP’s and ELL’s.
- Successful completion of fingerprinting and criminal history review process.
Co-certification of Students with Disabilities (2475) is preferred.