Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
INTERIM SCHOOL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATOR/BOARD SECRETARY
TEANECK PUBLIC SCHOOLS
The position of Interim School Business Administrator / Board Secretary demands high level skills in Business Administration with proven experience in the domain of Public School Administration; proficiency in all aspects of managing the business office including: budget development, financial reporting, purchasing, contract negotiations, insurance, transportation, and food service.
- Possession of a standard New Jersey School Business Administrator Certificate
- Minimum five (5) years successful experience as a School Business Administrator/School Board Secretary
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles and practices of financial accounting and reporting procedures consistent with NJ Statutes, NJ Administrative Code, GAAP and audit requirements
- Comprehensive understanding of the duties of BS pursuant to N.J.S.A. 18A:17-5et.seq
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and abilities
- Demonstrated organizational, communication, computer and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in the use and understanding of NJDOE budgeting software
- Knowledgeable of the NJDOE Chart of Accounts
- Working knowledge of Federal & State Grants and NJ Homeroom/EWEG
- Knowledge of statutory requirement and accepted business practices in school districts related to budget development, insurance, bidding purchasing, accounts payable, payroll, pupil transportation sending/receiving, food services, school plan operations, facility planning, collective bargaining and experience in human resources
- Experience in a multi-school district preferred
- Supervision of Business Office
- Preparation/administration of the annual school budget
- All district financial reports
- Board of Education agendas, minutes and correspondence
- Food Services Program
- Pupil Transportation Program
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
NJ First Act effective 9/1/2011
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer