Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
Please Contact Custodial Foreman Dave Clark with any questions (908) 204-1930 x2171
Hours: Night Shift 3pm - 11pm
Full Time Custodial Requirements:
Purpose and Scope
The custodian has the responsibility of maintaining the appearance of the school building and grounds in order to provide an attractive and safe environment for children, parents and staff.
This position is under the direct supervision of the School Principal, Director of Facilities, District Custodial Foreman and School Head Custodian.
Applicants must be able to comprehend written and oral instructions in English, as well as communicate in English.
Applicants must possess or be able to obtain a Low Pressure Black Seal Boiler Operator License within one year of hire.
Applicants must possess or be able to obtain a NJ Motor Vehicle Operator’s License within one year of hire.
Applicants must have a schedule flexible enough to work a reasonable amount of overtime hours when required. (i.e. hours outside their normal shift)
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- The work can be repetitive and physically demanding, requiring frequent bending, kneeling and shoveling.
- Constant lifting from various levels with loads up to 10 pounds while cleaning.
- Constant standing with frequent neck/trunk flexion or rotation when vacuuming, dusting, mopping, etc.
- Constant walking throughout designated areas.
- Repetitive gripping of equipment, hand tools, or debris with average of 10 pounds of grip strength at 4.5” circumference.
- Frequent reaching to shoulder level, above shoulder level and below knees to clean, pick up trash, etc.
- Frequent lowering of trash (bags) weighing up to 30 pounds from 42” above floor to floor.
- Frequent pushing/pulling loads weighing up to 20 ponds with forces up to 5 pounds.
- Occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather conditions.
- Checks and secures building(s) at beginning and end of shift for the purpose of ensuring the safety and cleanliness of the building(s).
- Cleans rooms, hallways, cafeterias, restrooms, offices, stairways, auditoriums, athletic fields, parking lots, and other areas of buildings according to school district standards.
- Sweeps, mops, buffs, strips and waxes floors.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture and window blinds.
- Washes walls, ceilings, woodwork, windows, doors, and sills.
- Removes graffiti, cleans glass areas.
- Replaces light bulbs.
- Sets up and breaks down chairs, tables, sports equipment, choir raisers and other equipment in meeting rooms, auditoriums, gymnasiums, athletic fields, and other areas and rooms as needed.
- Clears snow and ice from walkways, steps and entrances.
- Picks up trash and debris from athletic fields, parking lots and school property.
- Receives deliveries and stores supplies in designated areas and rooms.
- Collects trash and recycling and disposes of items properly in designated locations.